My random ramblings...
Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37v4.   
Saturday, May 01, 2004
Got this in my email this morning... felt that after yesterday, it was something which was of use to help those around me at this time of confusion with regards to my tutor's baby dying.

The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!" He replied, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you. (Luke 17:5-6 NIV)


Consider: Many times when our needs are great, we cry out to God to "increase our faith" but His answer is in the reply of Jesus to His disciples. Faith grows when it is released and planted in the Word. We start where we are with what we have. We release it with our prayers and our confession and we will see it grow to meet the need.



Challenge: If you have a great need and need great faith, take what you have no matter how small it seems and begin to speak over your need. Let your faith be a seed that is watered in prayer and the Word and it will grow to be more than enough.

when i got back from placement last night, I asked one of the youth min guys, who i hadnt seen earlier on in the day to tell him about Cherie, and he told me someone else had told him and told me there was a prayer meeting for her and her family which the BAYAT (my course) leader and his wife. There were a few of the students, and also the janitor who had gone along as well. We must have sat there for around an hour, deep in thought about the days events, praying hard, signed a card - but it was so difficult to know what to put...
After that however, I just felt the need to pick up a guitar and sing to God... I came across the song... 'Because he lives' and almost choked on the second verse...

'How sweet to hold
a new-born baby,
Amd feel the pride,
and joy he gives;
but greater still
the calm assurance,
this child can face uncertain days
Because He lives'

Many things hit me at that point, my head became very busy. i spent a lot of time, into the early hours of the morning, just praying, reading my bible, playing the odd tune in the guitar. I couldn't sleep, so it seemed like the only thing i could do. Us students feel pretty helpless like everyone esle over the situation, but i tried to do the only thing i could. Pray...
posted by TLT @ 12:24 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: TLT
Home: Glasgow, United Kingdom
About Me: I'm a youthworker with a church in the North of Glasgow... I enjoy watching films 'n surfing the net 'n hanging out with friends...
See my complete profile

I'm a fan of Shaun the Sheep!

Around the World
Previous Post
Links
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER