My random ramblings...
Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37v4.   
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Marlee Matlin... amazing or what...
For as long as I can remember I've wanted to learn to use Sign Language... Mostly coz i think that it would be a great skill to have in my job... I've never managed to have that opportunity though. It's sad. Perhaps one day will though... I try to learn bits and pieces from the net, maybe one day i'll do a course - who knows...

BUt this blew me away. Marlee Matlin is a deaf Actress from the States... If you're a fan or The West Wing then you'll probably know who she is... But i came across this video the other week and it blew me away... She is profoundly deaf and can't hear the music, yet she is on the American version of Strictly Come Dancing and to be honest she could have seriously shown up some of our stars on Strictly Come Dancing this year!!!! Have a look, hear her story... It's worth it!



Anyway - so yesterday I had a lovely late afternoon with dad... It was nice to be able to hang out together for a bit. It's odd not having him down here every week anymore - but it was nice to see him. And in true style he fixed stuff that needed fixed LOL... Anyway - i'm meant to be going to a meeting soon, so i suppose i should go and get ready...

Labels: , ,

posted by TLT @ 11:39 am  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: TLT
Home: Glasgow, United Kingdom
About Me: I'm a youthworker with a church in the North of Glasgow... I enjoy watching films 'n surfing the net 'n hanging out with friends...
See my complete profile

I'm a fan of Shaun the Sheep!

Around the World
Previous Post
Links
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER