My random ramblings...
Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37v4.   
Monday, January 25, 2010
Deep Impact =)

Soooooo yeh. I got back last night after another long drive... Went up to Aviemore in the Highlands on Friday in order to attend a Youth work conference there called Deep Impact. I've always really enjoyed these conferences partly because it's a great chance to meet other youthworkers/leaders 'n share experiences and ideas, partly because it's a great opportunity to learn something new and be challenged to perhaps think differently, even out of the box you've made for yourself, about how we do youthwork... BUt this year was special coz we had a really gd speaker who really challenged us in our own faith. Kenny Borthwick is actually part of the team that speaks at Clan Gathering (a Christian Conference I normally go to in the summer) and so i've heard him talk quite a few times... But I think that this is very probably the first time we've had a main speaker like him at Deep Impact. Certainly since i've been going...

So it was a wonderful weekend... i've come home refreshed, exhausted, challenged and inspired all in one big scoop. And its a good feeling if i'm honest...

Just a shame i've still got this stupid cold. Its driving me nuts. I even had to leave the main session yesterday coz I was having a coughing fit and jsut couldn't stop. grrrr. hopefully it'll go away soon. =(

Labels:

posted by TLT @ 10:46 am  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: TLT
Home: Glasgow, United Kingdom
About Me: I'm a youthworker with a church in the North of Glasgow... I enjoy watching films 'n surfing the net 'n hanging out with friends...
See my complete profile

I'm a fan of Shaun the Sheep!

Around the World
Previous Post
Links
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER