My random ramblings...
Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37v4.   
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Procrastination???
Well one may say that today i have procrastinated... but i haven't, not really. Yes I have plenty of work that I could be doing, but to be honest, it's been pleasant to relax and claw back some free-time which has been rather rare recently... Having said that I will have to do some work this evening. I'm leading Anathallo tomorrow night, so i'll need to at least get most of that sorted!

Anyway - so today Abbie and I had a lazy morning - it was wonderful... downstairs had another party last night, and although they weren't loud enough to keep me awake all night as they have in the past, they woke me up on a few occasions. They appear to have an inability to talk at normal level, and have to shout rather a lot. Wearing, but there you go.

So the lazy morning was followed by a nice long walk... that was lovely too - it was kinda cloudy, but it was warm and sunny at times too. It was so nice that I took the opportunity to have a wee sit in the park while abbie was running around chase birds and squirrels and generally sniffing about... I think a trip to the park is quite possibly her equivalent of alton towers - LOL!!!!

That aside i've spent some time this afternoon reading and doing puzzles 'n stuff.. It's been rather pleasant. I got given a book last Friday which i started reading on my day off on Thursday... it's rather interesting reading so far - it's called "Ladies and gentlemen the church has left the building" and basically its all about how the church needs to stop waiting inside its four walls waiting for the 'lost' to come to them, but need to start going 'out' - it starts with one of the authors (who has died since the book was published) sharing an experience he had. In a nut shell it challenges how Christians do church and how it can be exclusive and shut others out.Certainly a big challenge. Needless to say that one of the chapters i read this afternoon actually had me in tears. Was about poverty and our response to it... I shan't spoil it for your just in case you ever read the book.. although I'm considering reading that wee part of that chapter at the 24 hour event at church in a couple of weeks time - i think it would really help the yp to hear about poverty and how our willingness to love and encourage those in poverty is more than just reaching into our pockets...

If you want a challenge - then possibly this is the book for you.
posted by TLT @ 6:49 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: TLT
Home: Glasgow, United Kingdom
About Me: I'm a youthworker with a church in the North of Glasgow... I enjoy watching films 'n surfing the net 'n hanging out with friends...
See my complete profile

I'm a fan of Shaun the Sheep!

Around the World
Previous Post
Links
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER