My random ramblings...
Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37v4.   
Friday, May 04, 2007
Scottish election 2007...
Aye... seems to be a bit of a farse really... *oops* the constituency I voted in, Strathkelvin & Bearsden, has had its count suspended for some reason... There seems to be big issues centred around the computerised counting system, and stupid number of 'rejected' and 'void' papers. Apparently due to a 'lack of understanding' on the part of the voter we, the voter have marked our papers too many times, or whatever, resulting in our ballot papers being rejected... question. Are the scottish people really that thick?! I didn't think it was that diffcult... Yes the guy did see fit to explain to me before i went in (although i think that was more to quench boredom on his part, the polling station was dead when i went yesterday afternoon...) but even without that I would have been able to fill out my ballot paper quite capably... it's not like we've not been told 100 times, or not given an insane amount of leaflets through the post telling us what to do?!
I've been looking through the BBC website this morning, which of course has all the counts as they come in...
Scottish Election Results C/O the BBC
and one thing that has really grabbed me looking through the stats is the shockingly low turnouts... most of the constituencies have below 50%... some as low as 30%... I mean i know politics is a drag... but surely if you have the right to vote then you should grasp that responsibility and do it!
But aye... it's just craziness... It's interesting to see what Scotland has ahead of itself...

Annnnyway... The lady thought i was only 18 yesterday at the polling station *grins* such a compliment... that aside i plan to have a very relaxing and relatively static day today... it's been a busy week... I have prep to do for work... but just having a day at the flat doing that is going to be a nice pace of life for the next couple of days =)

Labels: , ,

posted by TLT @ 10:25 am  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: TLT
Home: Glasgow, United Kingdom
About Me: I'm a youthworker with a church in the North of Glasgow... I enjoy watching films 'n surfing the net 'n hanging out with friends...
See my complete profile

I'm a fan of Shaun the Sheep!

Around the World
Previous Post
Links
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER