My random ramblings...
Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37v4.   
Monday, February 08, 2010
An exhausting weekend with silver lining...
Yeh... so this past weekend has been the most crazy weekend in a while. I haven't feel this exhausted and achy... (although i'm feeling a lot better than i was by the end of Saturday and yesterday i'm still feeling it today)...

So Saturday saw me bag packing for going to LUWERO the whole at the Tesco in St Rollox... It was long, but gd. Time actually passed surprisingly quickly if i'm honest... but at the same time, my legs were dead by the end of it. For some reason these days standing still for long periods of time exhausts me, which is ridiculous considering I used to have to stand for 4-6 hours at a time (easy, sometimes more) when I worked at Alldays.

but anyway... the silver lining here? We raised £864 :-O nice one eh?!

but anyway then had to make pudding for the meeting i was going to at 7pm heh... it was an ok meeting but i think i can safely safe that folks were tired, so it probably wasn't as productive as it should have been. Then I had to come home and finish off something for the Bible Class the next morning... i gave up on that rather quickly though and just went to bed completely exhausted.

Then Sunday... woke up, got to church for 9:30am and got things set up for Bible Class... had folk tell me i looked exhausted (thanks! i thought) finished there, came home and took abbie a walk (i love my pooch but that walk hurt, a lot) and came back to lunch and finishing off prep for the service in the evening, which annoyingly ended up taking up pretty much all of the afternoon, which meant no break ARGH! So was back to the church by 4:30pm to make sure things were sorted before yp started arriving the back of 5pm... only they didn't. the deal was, we were there, set up and ready to play for 5:15pm... we didn't even start practicing until nearer 5:50pm... can u sense my frustration?!

But we got there... the service went really well - twas nice.

afterwards tho a couple of things happened which just blew me away...

I dunno if i've explained this on here, but bottom line is that I'm hoping to go to LUWERO in Uganda with the young people... only the church have declined to pay anything towards it, which unfortunately put doubt into whether i was going to get to go.. I can't afford to save for something as huge as that, so it was kinda a big deal...

but my mum reminded me that if i was meant to be there, then i would be and that I should just pay my deposit (which i already had from my CHristmas money, so thanks everyone who gave me money for Christmas) and that the rest would come... So that night I stepped out in faith and paid the deposit hoping that the rest would come... which is kinda funny coz i'd spent the whole of the Deep Impact weekend 'n beyond praying for more faith...

but yeh... last night... a very gd friend of mine came up to me after the service with a n envelope which i thought was odd, and she gave it to me with a huge grin on her face... i asked if i was meant to open it there and then, and got the vibe that i should lol, only to find a wee card in it (which was very sweet) at which point she said 'there's something else in there too' and i found a cheque for quite a substantial amount of money... i was quite in shock... 'a little something to get you started on your walk of faith' said the card.... its overwhelming thinking of it even now....

anyway - so then we had Anathallo... which was great. their video project is REALLY coming on, am lovin' it... and I love how some of them come out with the most profound ideas and don't even realise it... its just soooo COOL! After that we spent some time looking at Prayer and that was really cool too... another example of me trying to push the boat out a bit... I don't want these kids to be too comfy, if we don't have challenge then we don't grow....

but anyway afterwards I was clearing up and I was about to put my laptop (which was sitting on the stage) into my bag and when i picked it up i found an envelop and on it was my name... inside was an A4 piece of paper with a large image of the Ugandan flag and a heap of cash. I don't know who it was from... I could try and guess but they didn't leave a message or a note so i can only assume that they want to remain anonymous...

I love it tho. it was such a hard weekend, emotionally, mentally and physically, but spiritually? i was built up hugely, right at the end =) LOVE it! =)

Labels: , , , ,

posted by TLT @ 9:58 am  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: TLT
Home: Glasgow, United Kingdom
About Me: I'm a youthworker with a church in the North of Glasgow... I enjoy watching films 'n surfing the net 'n hanging out with friends...
See my complete profile

I'm a fan of Shaun the Sheep!

Around the World
Previous Post
Links
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER