My random ramblings...
Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37v4.   
Tuesday, April 26, 2005
O happy day...
well interesting day is has been... o yes it has. Started with the workmen making clanking noises constructing scaffolding outside my window, only it's attached to the strathclyde library.. but i swear that they can see into my bedroom window from it now... *blah* but yeah, then headed to class, and we did our presentations - they were a laugh i guess *grin* after that class we got our Community Capacity essay back... which was the one that i really struggled with... but yeah I got a C+ for that so i'm happy coz that's a more than comfortable pass... Then had lunch 'n stuff and chilled with folk before the afternoon class, which was really good... we were looking at the influence of the reader and the author etc in the interpretation of scripture - was really really interesting... and we had a huge debate on Acts 21:1-14 and whether Paul was obedient or disobedient of God when he went on to Jerusalem... was really interesting to hear everyone's view...
Then after that got another essay back... this time it was Power and Opportunity, which was probably one of my favourite classes last term... and I got 75 for that which is another A+ *grin* and yet again that was Steve Mallon and he's not exactly an easy marker so i'm happy... *hehe*
So that leave's just one essay left to get back - the History essay... dunno when we'll get that back though. Week's grace finished today so he should have them all now...
yeah, so then me and Emily chilled for a while and she went off to a meeting and I headed off to the community church for a forum meeting - was good as usual... although again only like 3 of us there, but we had a good chat and a good pray - so all good. Then I decided to ask Tim about Clan, which is by New Wine (the people who set up Soul Survivor in England) and takes place in St Andrews... I know Susan and Sheena and George 'n stuff all go to to the Adult stuff, but i wanted to go along to the youth stuff for inspiration and refreshment... thought it would be a good experience... well anyway, turns out that they're a bit light on team this year, so Tim asked if I would be interested in being on the Team this year, which if I manage to do it would be AWESOME!!!!! I'd be working with high quality youth workers from all over Scotland and Clan is a hugely evangelistic and charistmatic event, so i think it would be awesome to be involved... but the bonus is that if you're on the team your accomodation and ticket for the week is paid for you *wow* (otherwise it would cost a bomb!!!) but I'm just really excited this opportunity!!!! I just think that it would be awesome to work with these people and really have an opportunity to work with God in ways that i haven't before... i've done impact stuff and mission stuff 'n church work, but nothing like this and the opportunity just seems toooooo huge to miss.... Really feel God is blessing me with this... but yeah, gonna think about it and ask Iain about it tomorrow... it's the 23rd - 29th July so it's a good time...
but yeah... it's gd.
scary, but gd.
anyway i should probably go... need to be up early tomorrow to do readin 'n stuff...
nite
x
posted by TLT @ 10:27 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 6:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wahey, well done tlt :):)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: TLT
Home: Glasgow, United Kingdom
About Me: I'm a youthworker with a church in the North of Glasgow... I enjoy watching films 'n surfing the net 'n hanging out with friends...
See my complete profile

I'm a fan of Shaun the Sheep!

Around the World
Previous Post
Links
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER